Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I think we're all just a little crazy

I just finished reading this book, and I'm sure most everybody has heard of the movie, Girl Interupted. Well, I read it, and I didn't think Susanna seemed all that crazy. Her thoughts didn't seem that far from most teenagers. However, one chapter in that book is taken from a medical journal, describing her diagnosis. I went WHOA, cuz that diagnosis was describing me almost perfectly. Now, I've had my bouts with depression, mood swings and plenty of people will tell me I'm crazy on a regular basis, but DAMN, I didn't think that they were serious. I took some personality tests back to back. One says I care about nothing and like nothing, the other says I care deeply about ppl, help them and yada yada. Uh, how do you do both? You either care to some degree or you don't right? The sad thing is depending on my mood they're both right. So am I crazy or are there more ppl like me (and susanna) in the world. I'm just wondering because in my opinion, she should not have been in that mental institution. She's not crazy, she was just a teenager, and everybody's a little crazy anyways. Read the book to know what I'm talking about, the movie doesn't go into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment