Wednesday, January 7, 2009

about the pinapples

A funny anecdote from my time in the desert. Written sometime in early 06.

I hate pinapple, I hate football. A couple a days ago, I'm wondering around with my buddy and we're looking for something to do. Wanted to watch a movie or something. Well, the theater was playing football. The mwr tent had football on one tv and news on the other. We settled for news, till several ppl (rude assholes) requested that the damn game be turned on that tv, so we go to the dfac, at his insistance. By this point I'm thoroughly aggravated and hating football even more. I politely inform him that if we go into the dfac (caffeteria) and football is on all of the tv's, I will dump hot coffee on him. Sadly, I didn't make due with my threat because, well, I'm not that mean. The next day, we meet for dinner, and have the same problem with the dfac...Every tv is tuned to FOOTBALL....His comment, while eating a slice of the detested fruit and offering me a bite " nothing enhances the football experience like pinapple" Althought I could not maim him with coffee, I did throw a grape at him. Unfortunately, it wasnt a mushy one, but a nice fresh firm one ,that bounced off and rolled. Presumably to safety under the table where it wouldn't be smooshed. Well, there's my sadly lame, slightly hilarious story. If you don't think its funny, sit in a desert for three months, where your main form of entertainment is throwing rocks at ppl in portapotties... that shit is funny. Anyways, you get my point. Its boring here, stupid shit seems funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment